The Paraeducator Learning Network
The following training documents were designed to help both you and your paraeducators get acquainted with the features of The ParaEducator Learning Network. Click on following links to open and save these files for your use:
- ProVenance Overview: For Administrators (PDF) will help you familiarize yourself with how the system is organized by identifying the responsibilities and functionality of each “role” and by describing how the content is organized.
- PLN Course Catalog & Objectives (PDF) lists course titles by category and lists courses in numerical order with their corresponding learning objectives. This is a great reference for any administrator who will be assigning courses to paraeducators.
- How to Create Users and Assign Licenses (PDF) lists the steps that User Administrators will take to create new users, assign licenses, and make courses available. Note: This document will have the same look as the others – it’s a temporary solution until the final version is ready to deliver.
- Assessments Overview (PDF) will familiarize you with the 9 assessments included in your subscription that can be assigned to paraeducators—including recommended rules and procedures for administering the 2 assessments to highly qualify Title I paraeducators as outlined in the No Child Left Behind Act.
- How to Use the Knowledge & Application Questions (PDF) will offer suggestions for using the Knowledge and Application questions that are a part of most courses.
- How to Use ProVenance: For Organizational Users (PDF) offers comprehensive, step-by-step instructions for paraeducators (users) on how to log in, claim a license, access courses, view transcripts, and so on. Note: You can customize the URL on Page 3 by typing the “customized” part of your URL into the PDF—and saving it to your computer.
- How to Use PLN in ProVenance: A Walkthrough for Organizational Users (PPT) walks paraeducators through the same step-by-step instructions—but in PowerPoint® format. This resource would be very useful if you plan to get a large group of paraeducators together to show them how to use the program.